Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ranking the WORST ALL TIME Topps Designs

I already did the BEST, now lets look at my personal top 3 worst designs of all-time.





#3: 1979 Topps



This set was rocking the streets the year Pittsburgh won the World Series.

Well, not so much for my pocket pages.

Home of the Ozzie Smith rookie card, that might be the highlight of the set because this is the most boring set out of the 1970's. The coolest part about this design is the baseball in the lower left hand corner with the Topps logo. 

Hey! atleast it shows a lot of players with cool afros! 


#1997 Topps


Growing up in the 90's as a kid, i never had the chance collecting most of this stuff.

i absolutely loved the Upper Deck & Collector's Choice sets.

Now as a fast-forward today, WHAT IF i collected 1997 Topps? 
I spent awhile trying to find a cheap price for a factory set of this stuff  a few years ago to complete my run of sets.

I never understood why it was so pricey and still carries a hefty price-tag to this day.
I can't think of any big-named rookies in this set.

The reason this is number two on my list is because, i absolutely HATE back in the day when cards had too much gloss on the front.

This set was one of those sets. Not only do the backs look boring, but it's a  flagship set that has less than 500 cards, and i love sets with more than 500 cards.

but nothing beats number one on this list.


#1: 1996 Topps


The New York Yankees had started their first of four championships in a span of five years, New York was a dynasty, when it started, these were popular on the streets.

Too much gloss, boring backs, and the worst of all.

440 CARDS IN THE SET.

I don't want to go into too many details of this set just because. Most of you out there reading this might feel the same way about this set, some of you might not.

I do have this set, i don't hate it but i don't think it has the greatest design i've ever seen. 

I hope you've enjoyed my list, here are the runners-up:

1973
1957
1981
1969
1992



1 comment:

  1. Shocked not to see 1990 Topps on here, but I'm glad it wasn't. It may be awful, but it's iconic.

    ReplyDelete