Thursday, September 4, 2014

Vintage Pickups: 1963 Topps #320 Warren Spahn


Im sure the year 1963 is a year that might seem familiar to most of you out there who read/follow this blog, for those who don't, 1963 Topps is my favorite baseball card set of all-time.

My 63' set just took another big step towards completion. I don't own many HOFer's from that set but im working on it.

Im not too picky as far as condition goes, as long as i complete this set, thats all that matters. I thought i found a gem of a deal when i saw this on ebay.

Paid: $7

Meet Warren Spahn.

A 363 career game winner, the all-time wins leader by a left-handed pitcher & he is considered to be one of the greatest pitchers ever to play the game.

I remember very well watching the introduction to the all-century team at the 1999 All-Star Game at Fenway Park. I thought it was really cool being 14 years old, seeing legends of the past being united with the present.



No comments:

Post a Comment